The Pentecostal Church of Rwanda – ADEPR Church is a faith-based organization that began in the 1940s in the Gihundwe Region, the western part of Rwanda when missionaries from the Swedish Free Mission, Alvar Lindskog and his wife Lindberg, arrived there from the Democratic Republic of Congo and began preaching the gospel. They used Swahili with the help of a translator. On January 31, 1943, Ludoviko Sagatwa was baptized by Alvar Lindskog and became the first ADEPR Church Christian. In the 1960s, the Swedish Free Mission became the Association of Pentecostal Churches, and leadership was transferred to locals. The church then became known as the Association of Pentecostal Churches in Rwanda (A.D.E.P.R in French Abbreviated Form) in 1983. The church focuses on spiritual growth as well as community transformation through social and economic activities, including education, health, and poverty reduction. The ADEPR Church has grown rapidly and currently counts 3,141 Local Churches and operates in all regions of Rwanda, with 2,820,813 members (according to the Population Census 2022). ADEPR Church has played a substantial role in the holistic transformation of the Rwandan community.